Thursday, August 21, 2008

In Shock.



Hey ya'll...I have some sad updates.

Within three days, a dear friend of mine went from bad to worse and passed away today. My friend Dianne Marshall passed away in a hospital in Santa Rosa after various lung and heart complications. Dianne was chosen as the "State Mom" the year I was Grand Worthy Advisor in Rainbow. She and I became very close, as we traveled everywhere together during the year and afterwards, I spent a lot of time with her. She and I meshed so well together- and I'm in shock that she is gone. I had the "Get Well" card in the mail yesterday.....wow...just...wow.

Part of my job, is to inform the other Grand Officers of our year of her passing. After I made my 30-or-so calls, I got a call from hospice- Grams had begun showing the signs of her final transition. She was unresponsive, breathing heavily, her lungs were draining, and her skin was becoming discolored. I had a feeling after seeing her yesterday that her latest episode of bad health was more serious than we'd seen.

Dianne's daughter and I have been on the phone off and on today. I'm doing what I can to help her plan the memorial, which because of certain circumstances, is this Saturday in Petaluma, CA.
Not only is it Jennah's birthday, Gram will be leaving us, and Dianne is already gone. Oh, did I mention that my friend Randi (whose father was the "State Dad" and her mom was on the Grand Executive Committee and very close to Dianne) went into labor this morning, and had her first baby, a little boy today. So, this weekend, I will be celebrating the lives of Randi's baby, little Jennah's 1st year of life, and saying goodbye to two people I love.

I am happy and sad. I wish I could be everywhere at once...with Gram, with Dianne's family, Jennah and the fam, and Randi too.


I just want to say a big thanks to my family and friends- who have really helped me through these last few months. I will need you still- and I send all my love...I hope Jennah has the happiest of 1st birthdays.

1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

we'll miss you, but know you're needed where you are. Let us know if you need ANYTHING... ANYTIME!