Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Middle of the Calendar






This weekend was completely awesome.

Friday was spent lounging by the pool with Chris, Whitney and her family. We had a delicious meal and drank good drinks. We played Nintendo Monopoly, then it got ugly. After dark, we watched Fireworks from her house on the hill- two times. We even lit off a few of our own despite their illegalness. (I love sparklers).

I find that I never take enough pictures.

Saturday, I got up bright and early, woke up the large bear, my father, and we went to Temecula for our very first Pug Meetup.


Dad has a new friend...who isn't Bailey (if you were wondering!)The Pug Meetup was great. The picture I took didn't even get everyone that was there. I have never seen so many pugs in one place, it was awesome. Bailey was pretty overwhelmed by all the people, and the pugs in her little face, but it was good socialization.

What I didn't know, was that while I was at Whitney's the day before, Dad let her roam around the backyard, which is covered in dry brush, without a leash on. She apparently had a foxtail on her face, and when Dad went to retrieve it, it dissapeared...up her nose.

I didn't know this untill we were on our way to the Meetup, but by then I figured maybe it had fallen out, and Dad wasn't so sure whether or not it was up there. Later in the afternoon, Bailey's little nose was bleeding, she was sneezing up a storm and her eyes and nose were runny. We took her to the vet and paid a pretty penny to have her seen. Sure enough, a large piece of foxtail (You will know them if you've had them stuck to your socks!) was up there...don't ask me how that was possible!

We also went to Costco and got some stuff for my party and I am very excited! Dad dropped some Benjamins that day, but you must bribe someone when you damage their baby. haha.



Bailey was all tuckered out from a day of foxtails, meetups and bribes!

I went to a babyshower today and alas, did not take pictures...Randi's baby is due in August and will be a little boy! Exciting stuff.

Okay, Chris is here and I'm gonna go. Adios!

1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

OH! Poor Baily! It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about what it would be like to have a foxtail up the nose!! Thank goodness for vets... and dad's to pay for the damage!

When is yo' party? I can't wait to hear about it! Be sure that Chris takes pics!...I want details!