Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Time, and the livin's ...crazy

Isn't that the cutest puppy you've ever seen? It is. And she's MINE! Yes, I got a puppy, well technically, Dad got me a puppy, and my life hasn't been the same since. Why did he get me a puppy? I'm still figuring that out.

A few weeks ago, after a friend of mine got a pug puppy, I had looked into Pugs that needed homes on Petfinder.com. I wasn't overzealous of the thought of a puppy per-say, as I knew how much work it would be, with the cleanups, the training, the boundless puppy energy. Well, when I suggested we get another dog to dad, he said no. I said "OK." Was I dissapointed, not really. Well, apparently, a few weeks later, Dad noticed a flyer that pug puppies were for sale. "Pug puppies for sale? Really? BRILLIANT! I will get one, I have fantastic ideas." As you see, now that it was HIS idea, we HAD TO HAVE a pug. hahah. So, that's how I ended up with a puppy. It has been a whirlwind since I got her a week ago. The only reason I'm writing this now is because we have cleaning ladies over and the noise from the vacuum, and the commotion is keeping her occupied. Occupado?

Last week was intense to say the least. I donated blood the previous Thursday and didn't bounce back very well this time. By Monday I was feeling like poop- with random symptoms that made no sense- muscle aches, nausea, migrane, fatigue, dizzyness and get this, EYE pain. Ya, no joke. On Tuesday though, I had to suck it up and serve as a Poll Worker from about 4 a.m. (to get up and get ready) to about 9:30. It was a long day, but I finally finished "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings," and started both "Fun Home" (a Comic Book Novel- weird I know) and "Naked" (by David Sedaris)

Wednesday, I still felt like poo. I forced myself to eat Oatmeal and coffee with a Maloxx chaser because I just wanted to keel over and make a mess of myself. Yikes. I had to get up at the crack of dawn and drive over to San Marcos for CSUSM Orientation. I felt so horrible, but I was still very, very excited. What really sucked though, was that they had a FREE breakfast cart full of juices, coffee, GOOD breakfast food and other joys- too bad the thought of eating anything repulsed me. I sat in the back of the room just in case the Oatmeal wanted to make a second appearance. Needless to say, it wasn't as fun as it could have been.

That day I registered for my classes, and wow, I am pretty scared. Why did no one tell me how scared I'd be? I'm in the big leagues now, and I am trying to take some power breaths to even type up how freaked out I am! I only registered for 12 Units- 3 classes of my "core" classes for my major- Sociology. The other classes I need to take overlapped each other, grr! Sociology is an impacted major, especially now because of the insane budget cuts and a lot of the classes I needed weren't offered at times that worked. I would like to take 15 units- but for my first semester, I will take it easy and maybe make up some classes next summer. I really want to do well.

I have gotten a few scholarships, and am waiting for the word back about my financial aid from the state. I got a fee deferment until July 11th, so by that date I need to come up with the cash- $1,800 something worth the cash. Good God. >>More Power Breaths<<

I feel very fortunate though, as a 1st Generation, Low Income student, I got into the EOP Program which means, PRIORITY REGISTRATION FOREVER! It doesn't really matter that my major is impacted because I register before the masses. Plus, I get a yearly grant to pay for my outrageous parking permit and stuff- pretty cool eh? I'm not sure if the fact that I'm a 1st Gen American has anything to do with it, but I'm pretty stoked EH. Hey, I think those immigrants from the North need some perks too...haha (Ya, ya ya, I can hear you groaning now).

In other news- Gram is doing MUCH better. Perhaps, too well. She's still over at the Assisted Living Facility- and yesterday we took her off Nurse Assistance for bathing, dressing, bathroom and getting to meals. I wonder if she's overcompensating though because she wants to come home. She said "Can I come home by August" yesterday and I said we'd have to wait and see....Yes, that's just jolly, let's move you back in as I start classes. Quick Gram, I need some of your Depends. I know it will all work out- it always does. I love her and want her to be happy...I just need some guidance on how I can keep myself from getting overwhelmed and depressed in the process. Oy vey.

In other, other news- I'm going to Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas, TX this July. I am really bummed because I won't finish my last quarter of the year as a Star. I had done really well, and was so excited to go to Dallas with honors- but this quarter I fell far behind. While my failure is justified, I am really bummed that I couldn't finish what I had been working on for 9 months...it hurts to fail now.

I'm going to try and work it out today, and see what I can do. I just pray that God will take the dissapointment and worry of so many things off of my shoulders and make it a little easier. I know it will work out.

Much love to the Normans and Faveros- I love your blogs...no babies for me- just puppies.


Andy, Beth & Jennah too! said...

What's your baby girl's name!?!? She's too cute! Jennah's jealous!... So is Nibley!

Andy al-muquds said...

Dude, that sounds like you caught a bug or something. You should only feel tired for about 24 hours, 48 hours max. I've given over 3 gallons of blood and have never had anything close to that happening to me. There was a stomach flu going around but who knows. Don't let that stop you from giving in the future, unless of course it happens again.